Although the Great British Bake Off recently wrapped up its eighth series, it’s still inspiring people to try their hands at delicious baked goods. However, along with the influx of people in the kitchen has come a swift increase in the number of fires.
In fact, there has been a 114 per cent increase in claims for cooking-related fires while the Great British Bake Off airs, according to industry research.
On average, a kitchen accident costs £1,700, while fires caused by baking attempts cost around £11,000. Even if the show didn’t inspire you to spend time in the kitchen, the festive season is fast approaching. To keep your Christmas baking safe and tasty, here are five tips to stay safe while you’re in the kitchen:
- Never leave your cooking unattended.
- Check that the hob and cooker are fully turned off after use.
- Keep tea towels and cloths a safe distance away from the cooker.
- Clean fat and grease off the hob.
- Never throw water on a grease fire.
To find out more about our Services please contact our team today on T. +44 (0) 28 9032 9042 or fill out the form below: