There are certain precautions that you have to adopt when you go online. However, it may not always be clear when you’re in danger. To stay safe online, here are nine common online habits that leave you vulnerable to cyber-threats:
1. Opening an unfamiliar email
2. Oversharing on social media
3. Connecting to free, public wi-fi
4. Accepting invitations to connect to strangers on social media
5. Using the same password for multiple accounts
6. Forgetting to install security and software updates
7. Leaving your laptop, tablet or smartphone unattended
8. Relying on autofill when shopping online
9. Overlooking or forgetting about old social media and other website accounts
Willis IRM has access to home insurance markets that have been specifically designed to meet the needs of customers who wish to protect themselves against online threats to their personal computer network, hardware, IT and communication system. This can include:
To find out more, contact Holly Stanley on 028 9032 9042 or use the form below.
To find out more about personal cyber cover contact our personal lines division using the form below.