Willis Employment Services is expert in employment law and workplace safety. With a reputation for providing exceptional service and insightful advice, we take pride in the added value our experience and knowledge gives our clients. We’re pragmatic and flexible, offering clients across a diverse range of industries guidance based on individual needs rather than a rigid, one-size-fits-all approach.
Competitive salary together with car allowance, income protection, access to company pension scheme and a health cash plan.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EMPLOYMENT LAW/HR CONSULTANT ROLE:
- To provide advice and guidance to clients across the full spectrum of HR/employment law;
- To provide practical support to clients and deliver on ad-hoc project work as required (including assistance with investigation / disciplinary / grievance processes). Minute-taking of meetings may also be required;
- To draft bespoke policies, procedures and correspondence for use in the employment relationship on behalf of clients across a wide range of industry sectors;
- To draft and deliver training sessions on topics associated with the employment relationship;
- To maintain up to date knowledge of current legislation and best practice;
- To respond to all correspondence from clients in an efficient and timely manner;
- To participate in business development initiatives such as seminars, workshops, preparation of articles and provision of advice to potential clients;
- To manage Industrial Tribunal claims, including drafting ET3, disclosure, drafting witness statements and advocacy (this will not be a key responsibility for the HR consultant role);
- Any other duties commensurate with the role and within capabilities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- CIPD qualified, or qualified employment law advocate/solicitor/barrister, with strong knowledge of NI employment law and best practice;
- Experience in managing Industrial Tribunal claims, including drafting ET3, disclosure, drafting witness statements and advocacy (this criteria is not essential for the HR consultant role);
- At least three years proven hands on experience in an employment law/HR advisory role;
- Experience of drafting bespoke policies, procedures, contracts and letters in relation to the employment relationship;
- Ability to self-organise and prioritise a varied workload and deliver to tight deadlines;
- Ability to confidently communicate and effectively build relationships, with strong written, verbal and listening skills;
- Flexible approach as the successful candidate will be required to work across a range of employment law/HR activities, which will involve travel to client locations;
- IT literate and proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office packages;
- A full valid UK driving licence and access to car.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge of Republic of Ireland Employment Law;
- Knowledge and understanding of Fair Employment Monitoring and Section 75 requirements;
- Knowledge and understanding of salary reviews and benchmarking;
- Experience of drafting and delivering training associated with the employment relationship.
Closing date 5th January 2017
To apply for this role click on the button below